- Mon, 13 May 2019 03:23:31 +0000: As Comic Book Industry Grows, Smaller Publishers Learn to Adapt - NYT > Entrepreneurship
A merger of two independents, Lion Forge and Oni Press, is the latest example of new strategies that are shaping the business.
- Tue, 16 Apr 2019 17:27:11 +0000: Keeping Rhythm, and Hanging It in a Gallery - NYT > Entrepreneurship
Drummers from bands like Guns N’ Roses and the Red Hot Chili Peppers are using new technology to turn their performances into visual art. All it takes is a few open-shutter cameras, some colorful lights and a killer beat.
- Sat, 23 Mar 2019 09:19:49 +0000: The Great American Cardboard Comeback - NYT > Entrepreneurship
“No one is shocked when a paper mill closes anymore. The shocking thing is when one reopens.”
- Wed, 27 Feb 2019 10:00:08 +0000: An Economist’s Argument for Preserving Communities - NYT > Entrepreneurship
Raghuram Rajan’s “The Third Pillar” contends that economic growth is not enough to ensure a nation’s health.
- Fri, 22 Feb 2019 01:49:13 +0000: This Legislation Could Force Stores to Take Your Cash - NYT > Entrepreneurship
The bills come amid a trend toward “cash-free” stores, which supporters say are more convenient. Critics counter that they discriminate against the poor.
Business and Advertising
- Fri, 24 May 2019 14:21:40 +0000: ‘Frightening’: Charges Against Julian Assange Alarm Press Advocates - NYT > Media
A new indictment against the WikiLeaks leader was denounced as a dangerous precedent that could lead to future prosecutions of journalists.
- Fri, 24 May 2019 08:00:02 +0000: ‘Shaft’? We’re Talking About Gordon Parks … and We Can Dig It - NYT > Media
A look at how the photographer translated his humanistic view of urban crime to the silver screen.
- Fri, 24 May 2019 03:59:43 +0000: Harvey Weinstein Is Said to Reach $44 Million Deal to Settle Lawsuits - NYT > Media
About $30 million would be set aside for women who have accused him, employees of his former studio and creditors, according to people briefed on the matter.
- Thu, 23 May 2019 20:12:41 +0000: Esquire’s Editor Is Out in Reshuffling at Hearst Magazines - NYT > Media
Jay Fielden makes his exit from the venerable men’s publication after a three-year run, as the executive Troy Young puts his stamp on the division.
- Thu, 23 May 2019 17:48:45 +0000: 20 Photographers From a Decade of Lens - NYT > Media
Our mixtape continues with more photos and videos that have appeared in The New York Times Lens column over the past decade.