- Thu, 04 Jul 2019 14:31:04 +0000: Is Cold Brew Better Than Iced Coffee? - NYT > Business > Entrepreneurship
If by “better” you mean wildly popular and unpredictably caffeinated, then yes.
- Thu, 04 Jul 2019 04:15:35 +0000: Instagram Therapists Are the New Instagram Poets - NYT > Business > Entrepreneurship
Mental health professionals are speaking to the “therapy generation” online, at no cost. And it’s bringing in business.
- Tue, 02 Jul 2019 09:00:13 +0000: Want Kids to Learn the Joy of Reading? Barbershops and Laundromats Can Help - NYT > Business > Entrepreneurship
A movement supported by nonprofit groups and libraries is creating literary spaces in places where children find themselves with time on their hands.
- Thu, 13 Jun 2019 03:56:06 +0000: Get More From Your Letters With Custom Stationery for Print or Pixels - NYT > Business > Entrepreneurship
Even in today’s digital world, notes sent under a formal letterhead can help get the right message across. Here’s how to make your own powerful design with just a few keystrokes.
- Mon, 10 Jun 2019 16:49:20 +0000: Those Silly Chairs You Keep Seeing in the Park? They’re Lamzacs - NYT > Business > Entrepreneurship
All of a sudden, inflatable furniture is everywhere again.
Business and Advertising
- Tue, 16 Jul 2019 17:15:14 +0000: ‘Game of Thrones’ Leads Emmy Nominations - NYT > Business > Media
HBO received the most nominations of any network, bouncing back after Netflix dominated last year.
- Tue, 16 Jul 2019 15:36:45 +0000: ‘Need Fresh Hands at the Presser With Full Juice. Anyone?’ Live From the Times Newsroom on the Night of the Blackout - NYT > Business > Media
The scramble to get information and mobilize editors and reporters, as it played out in real-time internal messages.
- Tue, 16 Jul 2019 02:26:42 +0000: Dissent in Ranks of Hollywood Writers Who Fired Their Agents - NYT > Business > Media
As television and movie writers find themselves in a standoff with the four major talent agencies, some of them want to push their unions in a new direction.
- Mon, 15 Jul 2019 22:58:23 +0000: Fighting Big Tech Makes for Some Uncomfortable Bedfellows - NYT > Business > Media
Conservatives are showing up at largely liberal conferences to call for breaking up Facebook and Google. Liberals are going on conservative TV shows to do the same. It’s awkward.
- Mon, 15 Jul 2019 22:29:55 +0000: The Apollo 11 Mission Was Also a Global Media Sensation - NYT > Business > Media
The satellites were finally ready to beam images back to Earth in 1969. And some 600 million people watched the event live.