- Tue, 16 Jul 2019 16:12:26 +0000: The attorney general made the call not to bring charges against NYPD officer accused of fatally choking Eric Garner in 2014 - CNN.com - RSS Channel - HP Hero
Attorney General William Barr made the decision not to bring federal civil rights charges against the New York Police Department officer accused of fatally choking Eric Garner, siding with a Justice Department team from New York over the Civil Rights Division in Washington due to concerns that prosecutors could not successfully prove the officer acted willfully, a senior Justice Department official said.
- Tue, 16 Jul 2019 16:50:26 +0000: Prosecutors say they couldn't prove NYPD officer acted willfully in Garner's death - CNN.com - RSS Channel - HP Hero
The Justice Department is not bringing federal charges against a New York Police Department officer accused of fatally choking Eric Garner, the New York man whose last words, "I can't breathe," became a rallying cry in the Black Lives Matter movement.
- Tue, 16 Jul 2019 15:19:11 +0000: Garner's daughter's emotional response to Justice Department decision - CNN.com - RSS Channel - HP Hero
Eric Garner's daughter, Emerald Garner, reacts to news that the Justice Department will not bring federal charges against a New York Police Department officer accused of fatally choking her dad in 2014.
- Thu, 16 May 2019 03:19:30 +0000: Attorney and police union question doctor's view a chokehold killed Eric Garner. She isn't backing down - CNN.com - RSS Channel - HP Hero
A defense lawyer and a New York City police union have cast doubt on her findings that an officer's chokehold led to Eric Garner's death, but the medical examiner stood by her conclusion during Wednesday testimony.
- Wed, 29 May 2019 03:23:14 +0000: When African Americans are killed by police, these lawyers get a phone call - CNN.com - RSS Channel - HP Hero
Civil rights attorney L. Chris Stewart was sitting in church in Atlanta on an April Sunday in 2015 when he received a Facebook message with a news article and a plea from a friend. A police officer had killed her cousin, Walter Scott, and she needed help.
Advertise your Offers